For those of you who are regular readers here you know that I publish list posts very infrequently, so two in a row is a real rarity. However both the nature of the list below and the fact that I am in and out of the office about equally this week convinced me to go this route.
BrightScope, a leading provider of independent financial information and research, just released their first Social Influence Rankings for Financial Advisors.
While I was astonished to be number three on this list, I am flattered to be included on a list that includes a number of people whom I admire and learn from. This list includes Jim Blankenship, George Papadopoulos, and Russ Thornton who I’ve followed from the onset of my involvement in social media.
Josh Brown, Carolyn McClanahan, Neal Frankle, Jeff Rose, Jason Hull, Jude Boudreaux, Alan Moore, Sheri Cupo, and Tom Brakke are others who I follow on a regular basis. I plan to become familiar with the rest of this list and learn from them as well.
If you are looking for good information about investing, financial planning, retirement, and related financial topics this list is for you.
BrightScope’s 2013 Top Social Influencers in the United States:
Advisor Pages Profile – Blog – Twitter Handle
1. Josh Brown – The Reformed Broker – @ReformedBroker
2. Barry Ritholtz – The Big Picture – @ritholtz
3. Roger Wohlner – The Chicago Financial Planner – @rwohlner
4. Jason Hull – Hull Financial Planning – @hull_j
5. Michael Kitces – Nerd’s Eye View – @MichaelKitces
6. Russ Thornton – Wealthcare for Women – @RussThornton
7. Charles Sizemore – Sizemore Insights – @CharlesSizemore
8. George Papadopoulos – George Papadopoulos on WSJ – @feeonlyplanner
9. Cullen Roche – Pragmatic Capitalism – @cullenroche
10. Jeff Rose – Good Financial Cents – @jjeffrose
11. Jim Blankenship – Getting Your Financial Ducks In A Row – @BlankenshipFP
12. David Merkel – The Aleph Blog – @AlephBlog
13. David Fabian – Investor Insights Blog – @fabiancapital
14. Ted Jenkin – Your Smart Money Moves – @oXYGenFinancial
15. Meb Faber – Meb Faber Research – @MebFaber
16. Alan Moore – Serenity Financial Consulting Blog – @R_Alan_Moore
17. Kimberly L. Curtis – Wealth Legacy Institute Blog – @KimCurtisLegacy
18. Ric Edelman – Edelman Financial Services Education Center – @ricedelman
19. Tom Brakke – The Research Puzzle – @researchpuzzler
20. Carolyn McClanahan – Carolyn Sue McClanahan on Forbes – @CarolynMcC
21. Tim Maurer – Tim Maurer Blog – @TimMaurer
22. Neal Frankle – Wealth Pilgrim – @NealFrankle
23. Wade Slome – Investing Caffeine – @WadeSlome
24. Sheri Cupo – SageBroadview Blog – @sage_cupo
25. Jude Boudreaux – Upperline Financial Blog – @HJudeBoudreaux
To view the complete list of the Top 100 Social Influencers in the United States, visit the BrightScope Blog.
Please check out our Book Store for books on financial planning, retirement, and related topics as well as any Amazon shopping needs you may have (or just click on the link below). The Chicago Financial Planner is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. If you click on my Amazon.com links and buy anything, even something other than the product advertised, I earn a small fee, yet you don’t pay any extra.
Please contact me with any thoughts or suggestions about anything you’ve read here at The Chicago Financial Planner. Don’t miss any future posts, please subscribe via email. Please check out our Resources page for more tools and services that you might find useful.